Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rocky Mountain Ticks

Rocky Mountain Ticks
Roaming around -
On top of my head.
(Now that’s alarming!)

My wife won’t stop long enough
To touch them.
(She thinks ticks are
Disgusting.)

Listen, mister, she says.
I’m not touching any ticks 
(Without surgical gloves,
A mask, and tweezers).

Just find them, I say,
How tough is it to spot a tick?
(Especially when I feel them
Twitching around up there.)

Hold still, there's nothing in your hair –
No ticks, no fleas, no lice.
Just dead skin (and tiny droppings
From something else.)

Then, Dear, look in my ears!
Don't you see them?  (I know
They’re there, distorting what I hear,
Hundreds of them.)

You're feverish, she says, or
You've lost your mind instead.
(From what I can see, I'd say  –
You're crazy.)

Fuck! I respond, but what 
The hell's going on, why can't you find them?
This is all very fishy... ( – Hey, why's my
Bottom so itchy?)



No comments:

Post a Comment