Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Life is Falling apart

My life is falling apart
And it’s your fault.
We need to get it together
Once and for all.
I know you.
You’re pushing me so I’ll
Leave.
Punishing me emotionally.
Why are you –
Fighting me?

Why else –
Do you argue with me constantly,
Correcting me incessantly?
You’re strangling me
Altogether. 
Choking me with your decisions. 
Breathe.
I just need to breathe.
Why are you – 
Killing me?

We must be smarter than this.
What would it mean to start over?
Our lives have splintered
Into jagged pieces
And shards of memories,
We don’t even recognize each other.
We’ve –
Got to discover what we had together.
Why won't you –  
Help me?

It’s so frustrating.
We’ve become separate individuals
Crumbling under the weight of our moments
Apart.
We still have time to decide                               
Who we want to be together and
Achieve
Some sort of miracle.
Why won’t you –
Believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment